Call us: +44 01983 242 033

HomeInfo ZoneWhat about travel and Insurance?

What about travel and Insurance?

Are flights and transport included?

Generally not. You need to make your own way to us at Cowes for UK based events and to the yachts location at overseas races. This may involve bus or taxi rides to and from airports. We usually try to ensure that once on location, the yachts are conveniently placed for the accommodation, and that we are close to the organising clubs and social centres.

Do I need a travel visa?

You may need visas for Australia, and non UK residents need to check with their travel agent for other countries requirements. For Caribbean destinations UK Citizens do not usually need a Visa if you have a return flight. Please ask us if you need a letter of embarkation.

Do I need insurance?

It is part of our terms and conditions  that you have insurance that covers you for racing, medical issues, loss or theft of possessions and cancellation cover. We recommend our friends at Topsail Insurance and you can find details here 

What happens if I have to pull out of the event?

If you have to pull out of racing due to illness, work commitments or other reason you may lose your deposit if you cancel before 90 days to the start. Within ninety days of the start dated you could end up losing the entire race fee, which is why good holiday insurance with cancellation cover is a must. Performance Yacht Racing may be able to place you on an alternative race package at our discretion but this cannot be guaranteed.

© 2017: Performance Yacht Racing, All Rights Reserved | Travel Theme by: D5 Creation | Powered by: WordPress