ExpiredRound Britain and Ireland Race 2018
- RORC Round Britain and Ireland Race
June 1, 2018 - August 26, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
About the Round Britain and Ireland Race:
The Round Britain and Ireland Race is one of the most challenging events in the offshore racing calendar and occurs just once every four years!
Performance Yacht Racing have all their yachts available for this epic challenge. We offer a full race package that ensures crew train together and have the minimum experience requirement of 500 nautical miles of RORC offshore racing, on the boat entered into the race. This results in our teams being not only ready to tackle this unique event but also able to be competitive in their class.
RORC RBI Race course
The course, covering 1805 nautical miles, is usually clockwise around Britain and Ireland (and all outlying islands except Rockall) to Starboard. The start and finish are at the line of the Royal Yacht Squadron, Cowes; Isle of Wight.
The campaign will start in June with a training weekend followed by two RORC events and the ISAF Sea Safety course prior to the Round Britain and Ireland Race.
- 16th & 17th June – Training Weekend 1
- 30th June & 1st July – Training Weekend 2
- ISAF Sea Safety Course – 23rd & 24th June
- 12th-14th July RORC 1 – Cowes-Dinard-St Malo
- 27th-29th July RORC 2 – Channel Race
- 11th August – Race Prep day
- 12th August – Round Britain and Ireland Race start
Details of our Round Britain and Ireland Race package
- Professional Skipper & Mate
- Two training weekend
- Two RORC races
- ISAF Sea Safety course
- Team race and shore-side HH shirts
- Team branded HH jackets
- All safety gear – Life jackets, AIS PLB
- Food & drinks aboard whilst training
- All race food & drinks
- All yacht costs
RORC Round Britain and Ireland Race Package cost – £5,650
Why we love the Round Britain and Ireland Race
The Round Britain and Ireland Race is a challenging event, but we ensure that it’s also a competitive experience. This race, 1805 nm in distance, is incredibly challenging both tactically and physically and the Great British weather can often turn up some surprises; in short you never know what your gonna get!
Looking for more info?